One.Surgery Flipstarter 2 Dashboard
Our campaign was funded!
Interview with George Donnelly from BitoinCash.site during the Flipstarter campaign:
This flipstarter began on the 10th October 2021 as a 35 day campaign. Time taken to complete campaign:
No. of donors
Project summaryONE.SURGERY is a non-profit organisation that has been innovating with Bitcoin Cash at a phenomenal speed ever since our first Flipstarter campaign in November 2020. We have created and launched the first ever peer-review scientific journal that is community-funded and powered by Bitcoin Cash micropayments. This journal model has already been described as a game-changer by members of the medical community and interest is rapidly growing. However, we still have a long way to go to establish the journal’s credentials in an extremely competitive cut-throat publishing industry, whilst we also continue to develop some other critical use cases for Bitcoin Cash, as highlighted in our Bitcoin Cash whitepaper. We are only just beginning our BCH journey, and our second Flipstarter campaign will power many wonderful projects and BCH outreach projects throughout 2022 and beyond.
“Let’s keep improving and connecting the world.”
Anonymous winged doggo
“Doubling my contribution. It’s worth it!”
“Here I thank Satoshi 4 this p2p electronic cash benefitting the world!”
“Helps LMIC doctors and patients, maybe even research in general. Permissionless money is integral to the design.”
Anonymous DJI Drone
“thank you btcfork for the finish line lottery initiative”
“Donating 10% of my winnings in bitcoin.com giveaway. Good luck!”
“Bitcoin Cash (BCH): Upgraded money for the world.”
“I want my surgeon to have the best knowledge and best currency”
“Let’s liberate the money and liberate medical education and research!”
Shadow Of Harbringer
“This is Leet™”
“Incredible work Saqib!”
“A brilliant concept, well realized – keen to see it prosper and help the world”
Bitcoin Out Loud
“BTCfork lottery entry: https://read.cash/@btcfork/one-surgery-flipstarter-2-finish-line-lottery-d75a1c3f (lugaxker#106)”
“BTCfork lottery ticket; viresinnumeris.fr”
“Your campaigns are great. So is the project.”
“BTCfork lottery ticket viresinnumeris.fr”
“Cash for the world and medicine for the world”
“Academic publishing is a mess. This could be part of the fix!”
Anonymous flippy bird
“BCH to mars!”
Ave. BCH / donor
0.00 BCH NEEDED
COMPLETED WITH 3 DAYS REMAINING
THE FLIP-DASH RATIO IS THE PERCENT OF CAMPAIGN TIME REMAINING / PERCENT OF FUNDS STILL NEEDED. A RATIO > 1 INDICATES THE CAMPAIGN IS ON TARGET. OUR FLIP-DASH RATIO IS NOT APPLICABLE NOW THE TARGET IS MET.
BCH Pledge tracker (BCH total)
BCH Pledge tracker (Donation number)
Perks to donate!Any donation > 1 BCH receives a free T-shirt from the One.Surgery shop (including international shipping).
Any donation > 10 BCH has the opportunity to be a partner and sponso of our first ever One.Surgery conference combining global surgery with blockchain tech.
Online discussions and threadsThe Bitcoin Cash bit is obscure and silly. Just make it a token amount taken by traditional payment methods. If the papers are any good they will quickly convert as early adopters pay out a Dollar, 100 Yen, Euro or Pound. (Answer)
Very cool, except for the #BitcoinCash bit which hardly anyone uses…ever heard of #Bitcoin lightning? The dominant network, esp in emerging markets? ⚡ (Answer)
How do you incentivize peer review and compete with other open access journals such as Plus One? (Answer)
The FAQ repeatedly states that the goal is about “disseminate high quality, peer reviewed knowledge freely and openly”. And that is a great goal, but I’d like to know how you can pull that off. How can you provide a high quality, peer reviewed journal for 1% of the cost of the competition? (Answer)
Flipstarter campaign running costs
|30||Setup Flipstarter on DigitalOcean with SSL installation|
|25||Promotional video and content creation|
Full project outline
ONE.SURGERY is an online platform designed to support the global surgery movement by empowering the most important stakeholders in global surgery – the patients and those that dutifully care for them, day in, day out in challenging settings.
ONE.SURGERY aims to breaks down the traditional institutional barriers (and their associated financial restrictions) that often limit the spread of surgical knowledge and skills between communities across the world. By creating novel, free to access web-based tools that empower local clinicians, we hope to liberate surgical education and scientific research in a peer-to-peer philosophy, whilst simultaneously fostering a joyous connection between people across the globe. Over the last year, we have embraced BCH and now evolved to become a Bitcoin Cash centric organisation, utilising Bitcoin Cash to power many of our organisational activities and projects.
- Yes, we did in November 2020, and as promised, we delivered our project proposals on time, on budget, and kept the Bitcoin Cash community and donors with us at every step of our journey. We have created the world’s first scientific peer review journal, community funded, powered by Bitcoin Cash (https://jogs.one). It was hypothesized it couldn’t be done on such a low budget, but our commitment and passion has overcome every obstacle and over delivered. The journal was successfully launched in beta version in September 2021, and indeed, it has had its first peer reviewed manuscript published its first, historic community funded model: https://doi.org/10.52648/JoGS.1136.
- We are doing so much! From an online ledger, to staff stipends, beautiful NFT collections, Bitcoin Cash community awards, a cool online shop with BCH merch, and more, we continue to innovate! ONE.SURGERY has integrated so many use cases of Bitcoin Cash into its organisation, so much so Bitcoin Cash has become a central aspect of how the organisation works. You can read all about our amazing Bitcoin Cash projects in our whitepaper: The One Surgery Whitepaper
We have partnered marketing campaigns with Satoshi’s Angels and the Zapit wallet. And we use prompt.cash for the critical payment gateway for our journal model. And we are officially listed on bitcoincash.org (under projects). We also have imminent plans to be involved with the Smart BCH project. Not bad for a non-profit organisation that has only been part of the Bitcoin Cash movement for under a year!
Our second flipstarter aims to bring rocket fuel to the One.Surgery projects, and sustain our development throughout 2022. Our Bitcoin Cash journal model, although fully functional, is now competing for attention in an extremely competitive multibillion-dollar publishing environment. We aim to further promote the journal by developing teaching resources that not only enhances research writing skills for healthcare professionals in low and middle income countries, but also supports submissions to our journal and introduce our users to BCH. The journal allows authors across the world to publish their work with no financial or institutional restrictions, whilst also offering opportunities for authors and peer reviewers to receive Bitcoin Cash payments, thus increasing BCH adoption on a truly global scale.
Furthermore, as a global organisation, we are now understanding the true value of Bitcoin Cash as a financial instrument to operate flawlessly outside of the legacy banking system. We believe we are one of the first organisations adopting and innovating this space, and feel there may be genuine interest for other organisations to follow our lead. We aim to host our first ever ONE.SURGERY online conference, where we discuss our innovative projects within the global health arena, but with a significant component of the conference dedicated to the use of BCH and blockchain technology.
1. An online, globally free to access, research skills educational course, aimed at healthcare professionals in low and middle-income countries. This course will allow users to improve their research writing and analytical skills, and with a dedicated section about the Journal of Global Surgery (ONE), we hope to inspire submissions to the journal and introduce our growing audience to our Bitcoin Cash use case. We aim to deliver this course with pre-recorded material, supplemented by live webinars throughout the year outreaching to professionals across different continents and timezones.
2. Scheduling our first ever One.Surgery online conference (target 1st quarter 2022). This conference will describe all our ONE.SURGERY projects in detail to the global surgery and wider NGO audience, showcasing our projects and global utility of Bitcoin Cash as a pioneering organisation. We anticipate this conference being a wonderful potential meeting point and melting pot between the global health arena and cryptocurrency communities.
3. Launching our unique and inspiration NFT series through Smart BCH platforms.
4. Continue to maintain our BCH ledger and use Bitcoin Cash as a payment tool for our international team, with written updates from the team on their experiences with BCH. Here is an example of how BCH is inspiring our team in Tunisia.
5. Ensure our BCH awards programme distributes BCH community awards to at least 10 deserving winners in 10 different countries through 2022. We have already sent BCH to Malawi, Syria, India.
6. Continue to develop our online educational platform (including free webinar hosting) to support healthcare professionals in creating and sharing surgical teaching content. See our pilot course here created by the International Federation of Rural Surgeons
BCH $ value* (USD) Use case 10 $6000 Salary and stipends to international One.Surgery team members (in BCH) to run and develop One.Surgery projects throughout 2022 8 $4800 The first ever One.Surgery online conference (1st quarter, 2022) – where we discuss our incredible projects to the global surgery community, but also our organisations experience with Bitcoin Cash. A unique event that combines global health with crypto use cases 6 $3600 The creation of an easily accessible online research skills course, which will aim to improve research writing skills for those in low/middle-income countries, and engage the community about publishing opportunities in our Bitcoin Cash powered journal 6 $3600 Creation and maintenance of an online webinar educational platform, allowing the global surgery community to run educational lectures on improving surgical skills across the world 3 $1800 Continuing our Bitcoin cash global awards programme with the additional ability to sponsor other global surgery community events with BCH rewards, distributing Bitcoin Cash all over the world to inspring and deserving people.
*Based on 1BCH=$600
This Flipstarter aims to power One.Surgery throughout the whole of 2022. Our Bitcoin Cash holdings are kept transparently in an online ledger. Furthermore, One.Surgery is a registered non-profit company in the UK, meaning all our assets must legally be used for our stated community development objectives.
Yes, Flip Dash 2 is out! Check it out here: Flip Dash 2
And a reminder, you can see our first wonderful Flip Dash here: Flip Dash 1
It would not be a One Surgery campaign without perks!
Any donation above 1 BCH qualifies for any of our amazing #bitcoincash or #globalsurgery T-shirts in our online shop: https://shop.one.surgery. Choose your design, colour, size and we will send it including free international shipping.
Any donation above 10 BCH qualifies to be an official sponsor in our first ever One.Surgery conference, where we will be highlighting our projects, and Bitcoin Cash use cases.
You can find One.Surgery on Twitter (@onedotsurgery) or reach out to Saqib Noor, the founder of One.Surgery on telegram (t.me/SaqibN) or e-mail: email@example.com
Journal of Global Surgery(ONE) launches in beta mode
1st September 2021
Flipstarter 2 Campaign begins with Flip Dash 2
10th October 2021
15th October 2021